A great introduction to the stress illness TMS, also known as PPD presented by Dr David Clarke - president of the Psychophysiologic Disorders Association (PPDA). Dr Clarke answers the following FAQs from patients with chronic pain & medically unexplained symptoms:
1. How can emotional stress cause real physical symptoms?
2. Can patients with a long history of symptoms make a full recovery?
3. Why is it harder for some people to recover from a stress illness than it is for others?
4. How important is accepting the mind-body disorder diagnosis in order for me to recover?
5. I have ruled out medical causes for my symptoms and learned about the stress illness but I’m struggling to recover. Now what?
6. Where can I find a health practitioner who can diagnose & treat Stress Illness?
The Psychophysiologic Disorders Association (PPDA) is a health education non-profit working to end the chronic pain epidemic & opioid crisis. Find out more from Dr Clarke's expert profile including links to the PPDA website and all related online content, books and more videos.
Check out my Recovery Journey Roadmap if you would like more details about exactly how I became pain-free! Follow me on Facebook or Instagram for more resources and updates on everything chronic recovery.
In order to protect your privacy we require that you verify your email address. We have sent you an email with further instructions. As soon as you have verified your email please return here and then click the button below.
To receive new content and updates, please sign in using one of the following options...
To save and rate your favourite articles and subscribe for new content updates please sign in using one of the following options...
Important : Do not choose this if you are not on your own computer or device.